Pages

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Kirkwood Community of Christ at the Festival of Nations

Today, my father and I will help run the Community of Christ church's booth at the International Institute of St. Louis' Festival of Nations.  He plans to proselytize, and while that's never really my jam, I'm excited just to be friendly and educate interested passersby about our church.  The Festival of Nations is always a really great experience, filled with a rich variety of cultures and colors and sounds, and new information about perhaps unfamiliar parts of the world.

To prepare for our participation in representing the CofC church, we've put together a flyer with key facts about our own congregation, Kirkwood Community of Christ.  This project was really energizing for me, since we spent some time articulating some of the best things about our community.

My time with Eliot Unitarian Chapel and Unitarian Universalism left me with too much conviction in our basic human right to practice different faiths and beliefs - and I am personally intensely passionate about celebrating religious diversity - so I don't plan on trying to bring anybody to Christ today.  But I do hope that we can reach out to those who are already a little inclined to be interested, so we might get a few more butts in the pews in the upcoming weeks.  Kirkwood Community of Christ is a a sacred place and a strong faith family, and I look forward to helping more folks know about it.

So if you're in the Tower Grove Park area today from 1-3 pm, I hope to see you there. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment