Pages

Monday, July 29, 2013

The Titular Post

Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel said, "It takes three things to attain a sense of significant being: God, a Soul, and a Moment.  And the three are always there."

Even as I focus on taking my seat at the table of God's community and contributing to the good work being done, part of me is still wandering around and checking in the corners and behind the sofa for new glimpses of God.

This blog is a chance to share with others all my surprising, spontaneous, overwhelming, whispered encounters with God.  I take these God moments where I can find them - and, as Heschel said, they're everywhere.

So I'll be baring my soul in reflections on songs, poems, articles, world religions, theological ideas, superstitions, the occult, overheard conversations, the nature of friendship, humanist values, travel fantasies, fandoms, comic books, epic movies, Dungeons and Dragons...

Essentially, here you will find anything and everything through which I have experienced even one quiet, resonant, awestruck moment of sacred significance in the presence of God.

Shalom.

No comments:

Post a Comment